May 11, 2006

Top Ten Thursday: Monster Movies

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of The Office. Both the British version and the American version. Well, anyone who's been to my myspace page, you know that in my "Top 8" is Pam. Yes, it's a myspace page that is operated by Jenna Fischer, the actress who plays Pam (the receptionist, for those of you living under a rock...and, if you're living under a rock, see if my Boba Fett action figure is under there, I put him under a rock when I was a kid and never found him again...I think about him just about anytime someone uses the living under a rock metaphor). Back to Pam. She had a blog post today mentioning that she and her husband (James Gunn) go to Hollywood functions and get giftbags of Swag (Stuff We All Get). She listed a bunch of things she was going to part with and all you had to do to get it was comment on her blog post. I spotted a John Carpenter DVD on the list so I commented and I got it. She will be sending it to me with a personal note on Dunder-Mifflin letterhead. Very cool. If you don't know already, her husband, James Gunn wrote the screenplay for the remake of Dawn of the Dead. He also wrote and directed Slither that may or may not still be in a theater near you. So this week's top ten list is monster movies.

10.Underworld (2003) Vampires vs. Werewolves...what's wrong with that?



9. Dawn of the Dead (1978) Yes, I rate the remake above the original, but I did have a visceral reaction to the zombies in this one not too long ago.



8. Teen Wolf (1984) What?



8. 28 Days Later (2004) For those of you who don't believe me about Teen Wolf.



7. Dawn of the Dead (2004) A fast zombie is a scary zombie.



6. Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness (1987/1993) Don't get your soul swallowed.



5. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)



4. Predator (1987) Former Minnesota Governor and current California Governor...is Apollo Creed next?



3. Lost Boys (1987) Jack Bauer as a vampire, who beats that?



2. Shaun of the Dead (2004)



1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)



Honorable Mentions: Vampire's Kiss, Van Helsing, Ghost Busters, The Mummy, Nosferatu, Shadow of the Vampire.

No comments: