I had 6 entries in the first MKinMotion trivia contest. First, here are the answers.
1. What was Eleanor Roosevelt's maiden name?
Eleanor Roosevelt's maiden name was Roosevelt. She and FDR were 5th cousins.
2. How many Vice Presidents went on to be elected President?
5 (George H.W. Bush, Richard Nixon, Martin Van Buren, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams)
3. How many Vice Presidents are alive today?
5 (Al Gore, Dan Quayle, George H.W. Bush, Walter Mondale, Gerald Ford)
4. How many Presidents served two terms and kept the same Vice President the entire time?
6 (Clinton/Gore, Reagan/Bush, Eisenhower/Nixon, Wilson/Marshall, Monroe/Tompkins, Washington/Jefferson [FDR kept John Garner for his first 2 terms, but went on to have two more VPs in his third term])
5. What is the highest number of living Presidents at one time?
5 3 different times ([1861, Van Buren/Tyler/Fillmore/Pierce/Buchanan], [1994, Bush/Reagan/Carter/Ford/Nixon], [2004, Clinton/Bush/Reagan/Carter/Ford])
6. Who has had the longest post-Presidential period?
Herbert Hoover lived for 31 years after he left office. Gerald Ford is currently in his 29th year after leaving office.
7. How many Presidents never held an elected office prior to becoming President?
5 (Zachary Taylor, Ulysses Grant, Herbert Hoover, Dwight Eisenhower, William Howard Taft)
8. How many Presidents were never elected President or Vice President?
1, Gerald Ford was appointed Vice President by Richard Nixon upon the resignation of Spiro Agnew and then succeeded the Presidency on Nixon's resignation. He ran for re-election in 1976, but lost to Jimmy Carter.
9. How many Presidents were elected while bachelors? How many remained bachelors while in office?
2 Bachelors (Grover Cleveland, James Buchanan), Cleveland married while in office.
10. How many Presidents were elected to a different public office after their term as President was complete?
2 John Quincy Adams was elected to the House of Representatives and Andrew Johnson was elected to the Senate (the same senate that impeached him)
BonusOpinion Question: If it were up to you, who would be the 5th Presidential face on Mt. Rushmore? And why.
No one really got into any detail of why, but there were two votes for FDR, two votes for Reagan, one for Polk, and one for Clinton.
The person with the most correct answers was Jody with 7 correct, Lonnie got 5 right. Neither of these are people I know. Just found the questions and sent in answers. Do you want to be a part of the next trivia contest? Stay tuned for another set of questions.