May 9, 2006

New Music Tuesday: Gneilium Simonium

The title is my way of mashing a few of the new releases together. I'll take it step by step and slowly so you can keep up with me.

Gnarls Barkley finally released their well buzzed album St. Elsewhere. I'm still not sold on these guys, but I have to admit the single is very catchy. Here's Crazy to give you an idea. I'm also letting you hear Ray Lamontagne's cover version of Crazy.

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (Sorry about the 96kbps, but it's a sample afterall)
Ray LaMontagne - Crazy (If you haven't checked out Ray's stuff, you're missing a big peice of life)

Neil Young has been streaming his new album on his web site for a couple of weeks, but it's now out there and available. Living With War, yes as you might imagine, is an anti-war record. I'm posting "Shock and Awe" as a sample.

Neil Young - Shock & Awe

Paul Simon released Surprise, and while I don't have any tracks for you to sample, nor have I heard any of it in entirety, it's Paul Simon, so it's worth checking out.

And last but not least, to end my title, Stadium Arcadium from the Chili Peppers. It's a double album and every song I've heard rocks. If you didn't catch their SNL performance Saturday, I'm very sorry. John Frusciante is incredible.

Gnarls Barkley (iTunes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (iTunes)
Neil Young (iTunes)
Paul Simon (iTunes)
The Stills (iTunes)
Snow Patrol (iTunes)
Chris Isaak (iTunes)
Jolie Holland (iTunes)

Remember any purchases through this blog help support the project. Amazon links below and the links to albums above go to iTunes. As always, the mp3s posted are for sampling purposes only and are only designed to encourage you to purchase the music. By the way, did you put the title together?




RHCP 468x60

No comments: