July 25, 2006

Rolling Blackouts

Yes, I'm back in the land where the threat of rolling blackouts is in people's conversations as much as the weather is. Got back from Shasta on Sunday and have been catching up on all that has happened in the world while I was out of touch. Someone showed up to our houseboats on Wednesday with a newspaper and it kind of reminded me of one of my favorite MASH episodes when the 4077 shares a mystery novel because they all want to read so badly. I think I get better news and better insight into what's going on in the world from reading what people are blogging about around the world than a Redding, California newspaper. Tonight I'm headed to the Red Sox game tonight in Oakland. I'm going with my dad. Our seats are on the third base line right in the middle of foul ball territory Section 128, if you want to look it up. Curt Schilling is pitching and Big Papi and Manny are surging, so it should be a great night. I've got more to say about Shasta and the amazing people I got to spend a week with in the sun and I'm sure I'll have something to say about the game tonight, if the California Power powers-that-be allow the lights to stay on for the game tonight. 30,000 people sitting outside not using AC is probably a positive thing in the battle for electricity efficiency.

No comments: