April 23, 2007

Randomness or What I Can Learn From Traffic Stats

It's pretty standard in the blog world that if your posting frequency drops off, so goes your traffic. Life's been pretty busy the last couple of weeks, but I really have no excuse for not posting. I'm adjusting to life in Alaska, but that's no excuse. I've moved into my new apartment (as sparse as the furnishings might be) and have spent considerable time unpacking and assembling furniture, but that's no excuse. I've been putting in longer hours at work to play some catchup, but that's no excuse. The catch-22 of blogging is that traffic can drive inspiration, but traffic requires content, content only comes by inspiration...and therein lies the rub.

Here are a few things that I can tell you from looking at traffic stats...

This post is likely to be read tomorrow (Tuesday), because there are very few visitors late in the evening. Alaska is an hour earlier than Pacific time, so I might as well be posting as you're drinking your morning coffee...or tea or Nescafe judging by the Chinese, Indian and Euro traffic. For some reason traffic hasn't dipped much internationally, just my perhaps finicky US readers have taken a hit. There are several hits that suggest some readers might be enjoying some Kaladi brothers while reading, which is encouraging as I'm a big fan of Alaskan traffic. There's something to be said for twittering or blogging about a pretty sweet overturned semi on the southbound Seward Hwy tonight or the cashier at Kaladi who never charges me the extra quarter for Vanilla in my 20 oz. SL. Or you might notice the events added to the sidebar are much different from Eric Clapton in San Jose or Son Volt at the Fillmore...instead you see Colin Hay and David Sedaris. Perhaps more on Colin Hay soon...

How about those Red Sox!?! Swept the Yanks in Fenway for the first time in 17 years or something like that. Sure the argument can be made that Boston had their best pitchers and New York's best pitchers are injured. Pettite's no slouch, and that's the way it works. Last year in the big sweep the Yanks put together I think the Sox threw Charlie Hough out there due to injuries.

I'm planning to get out this week or weekend to shoot some pictures, because let me tell you...there have been some beautiful days up here the last couple of weeks.

No comments: