April 2, 2007

Opening Day

I went to the final exhibition game of the season yesterday and saw the Giants and the A's play in Oakland. I got to see Barry Bonds crush two home runs in his only two at bats. I can say there isn't much doubt as to whether he will pass Hank Aaron this season, he's in good shape and looks ready to play. He had the advantage of playing DH because of the AL park, so it will be interesting to see how playing the field will affect his at bats. Last night the Cardinals and Mets kicked off the regular season and Tom Glavine looked dominant against the defending champion Cardinals and the Mets lineup is going to make things interesting. Today is the big kick off of the season as 26 teams are playing today. Already the Yankees won and A-Rod homered in the 8th to solidify the win. With all the running around and last minute tasks for my move to Alaska, I wish I had the ability to watch some more baseball today...but I have promises to keep...and miles to go before I sleep...and miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: