August 10, 2006

One More Note About Syriana...

With the current events taking place in the middle east, Syriana is incredibly timely to watch now.

As is Munich. I watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good, 3 out of 5 stars, but it was engaging and compelling, just not amazing. But there's an introduction before the movie by Spielberg defending the movie, in which he says something to the effect that if Israel is attacked with violence, Israel will retaliate with violence. I think his statement and a lot of the themes of the movie fit right in with what is going on right now.

I've gotten some questions lately from people stopping by the blog. I'm going to put together a Q&A post, so if you've got a question for me, send it in via email (mkinmotion[at]gmail[dot]com) and I'll try to fit it into the post. Thanks for your questions, it's interesting to hear what you want to know.

1 comment:

jessafran said...

i actually have both of those on my queue right now... heard syriana is a tad gory, though. might have to watch it with someone who can act as the is-it-over-yet person that tells me i can take my hands from my eyes.

not that i really do that at my age, or anything.