June 22, 2006

The New Magic 8 Ball

Per KRex's request, and we know I listen to her by the evidence of the 10 female songwriters post, here's my magic 8 ball listening from this morning. The premise is you flip through your music and answer the following questions with the songs that come up on random. Some fit, others don't. Feel free to play along at home. And by the way, the song that came on after all of this was typed up: "Bullet in the Head" Rage Against the Machine. No one worry, though, see number 1.

1. What is my day going to be like?

“Caught With a Smile on My Face” The Jayhawks

2. How does the world see you?

“Bell Boy” The Who (If this is any indication of how the world views me, I’m collecting tips)

3. Will I have a happy life?

“Monkey” Counting Crows (Monkey is a good answer to any yes or no question, but if 4. I'm stuck in the lonely spiral Adam's whining about, that sucks)

4. What do my friends really think of me?

“Frail and Bedazzled” Smashing Pumpkins

5. Do people secret lust after me?

“Whatever Happened” The Strokes

6. How can I make myself happy?

“The Lone Wolf” Kathleen Edwards

7. What should I do with my life?

Jersey Girl” Tom Waits

8. What am I afraid of?

“God Only Knows” The Beach Boys (I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried)

9. What is my biggest regret?

Meadowlake Street” Ryan Adams & the Cardinals

“I used to be the house that you lived in
Down on Meadowlake Street
When you moved they cut down the maple tree
I carved your name into”

10. What is my biggest extravagance?

“A Million Miles Away” The Plimsouls

11. What is some good advice for me?

“Dreaming in Two Hour Drives” Teitur

12. How will I be remembered?

“Shelter” Ray LaMontagne

13. What should my theme song be?

“Bad Medicine” Bon Jovi

“Your love is like bad medicine,

Bad medicine is what I need”

14. What song will play at my funeral?

“Double Cure” Vigilantes of Love

15. If I could change one thing about my life, what would it be?

“Should I Stay or Should I Go?” The Clash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. #8 was my fave. The MP3 player is wise in ways that we can not yet comprehend.

Matt said...

yeah, 8 was good, I laughed for a few minutes when Bad Medicine popped up as the theme song.