August 13, 2007

I Don't Sound Desperate

I swear I don't sound desperate. If you read desperate, it's probably your own stuff mixed in with my words. A week and a half ago two of my best friends got married. Because they were scheduled so close to each other, I was only able to attend one. Riche and Julia's magical ceremony was in the Alaska Botanical Gardens; small crowd, beautiful couple (you may have noticed the photos in my Flickr feed). Having a lifelong friend get married is fun because there are lots of stories and memories to share with his family as well as plenty of catching up. In a conversation with Riche's dad, I explained what I was doing for work these days, to which he replied, "who'd have thunk it." I learned time can fly for parents when it seems like yesterday we needed rides around town. [Sch]Metzger also got married down in Portland the same weekend. I've heard it was a beautiful ceremony with lots of sentiment. I would have loved to have gone, but the timing just didn't work. I've noticed a trend amongst the supposed A-list bloggers that they can quickly take a post about other people or companies and flip it into a post about themselves. Always trying to boost my merits as a blogger, I'll give it a shot here. When [Sch]Metzger and Riche were married (not to each other, mind you) it designated me as the last single guy in my circle of friends. The Mad Fishicist, The Freshmaker, Mike, Trudeau, they're all married. Like I said, I'm not that concerned about my status. Don't think I'm upset about this, don't think I'm soliciting help (there are enough people out there who feel responsible for helping), I'm just struck that when it all comes down to it, I'm pleased with my life. I'm pleased with my job. I feel blessed to be a big fan of all of the wives of my friends. I feel blessed to have so many friends. I'm not in a hurry to do anything, so again don't make this out to be desperation, just a good exercise in self-actualization. Realizing I'm content, realizing I'm pleased...sometimes that's the key. Anyway back to leaving whiskers in the sink, towels on the floor and baseball on TV. Now back to non-self-centered postings.

1 comment:

ReckenRoll said...

"Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. " - Grandma Moses.


I love that quote. I think you might love it too.