January 31, 2006

Another List

At one point in my life I wanted to be a geography major, though still to this day I'm not sure what a degree in Geography would do for me. I love maps. I always have. I'm thrilled not only by the physical geography, but also the cultural geography. In my life experiences, I've travelled to, in or through 36 states. I thought I would take a moment not to list the states I've been to, but to list the states that have visited MKinMotion over the last few months. Two things that I must point out first, though. I use a few different tools to track visitors, however none of them are very consistent. Sometimes an ACS user in Alaska is tracked as a Boston visitor, sometimes one tracker catches a visitor, but they're nowhere to be found on another. The second thing I must point out is that I get a lot of Google traffic. Apparently people find my blog searching for "JD Fortune", "Kirk Pengilly", "Kobe", etc. I'm sure lists of songs and movies don't hurt. So here we go.

1. Alaska
2. Oregon
3. California
4. Washington
5. Arkansas
6. Texas
7. Mississippi
8. North Dakota
9. Georgia
10. Maryland
11. Massachussets
12. Illinois
13. New York
14. Tennessee
15. Ohio
16. Nevada
17. Connecticut
18. Wyoming
19. Montana (looking for Fly-Fishing Tips)
20. Missouri
21. Colorado
22. Louisiana
23. Wisconsin

23 States and that's not counting my international visitors. All I have to say to this is, if your state isn't represented, or you think you should rank higher...it's up to you to get some attention this way. I'll continue to poorly immitate a blogger if people continue to read it. So, Vermont, Utah, Idaho, Michigan, get off your butts and follow the motion.

No comments: