September 5, 2006

The Best Two-Piece Band in the World

No offense to Dan and Pat of the Black Keys, but Mates of State are the best two-piece band in the world today.  With just keyboards and drums and their uniquely harmonious voices, they keep amazing me everytime I listen.

They have a new video on MTVU, which honestly, I didn't know existed...guess I'm not a kid anymore.  But check out the videos, they're great and you'll thank me.

Fraud in the 80's  (You will surely find this pleasing to your ears...)

Like U Crazy (I had to download an extension to watch this in firefox, not sure about IE)

Snippet of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy as inserted into "Like U Crazy" at the Greek Theater in Berkley.  I see myself in the video, but you'd never see me in the crowd. 

I wish all the best to Mates of State because I know they feel everything they put out and they aren't compromising themselves one bit.  Notice in the snippet how a two piece might not seem ideal for a venue like that, you wouldn't know it by the way they put themselves out there.  Not to mention their addition to Death Cab's "Transatlaticism."

All the thought that music videos don't drive record sales anymore have been stifled with the OK Go madness.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, get yourself over to YouTube and get your learn on.

Buy Mates of State

Buy OK Go

Buy The Black Keys

Buy more music than you steal.

No comments: